Several ways are there for downloading WhatsApp messages without any fail. There are times when we all do this mistake we forget to have back up of messages or media. And later we pay for this losing our most important messages but even if you have forgotten having back up. You have a chance of recovering deleted WhatsApp messages.
- Go to the file manager on your phone (then download the file app of Google, just in case this app is not available). Now visit the WhatsApp folder> database. The database folder has entire WhatsApp backup files that are stored locally on the phone.
- Then select the file msgstore.db.crypt12. After doing it you will have to rename it to the msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12. And this one is the most current backup file and you will have to rename it. This you do for protecting it from being overwritten. Or even, in any case, you will be able to rename this particular file to its real name and restore it.
- There you will receive a bundle of files in this folder in the format msgstore- YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12. This is the older backups; here you can single out the recent messages and then rename them to the msgstore.db.crypt12.
- Pay attention – this part is puzzled. You will require to open Google drive (on any device).there you will find a hamburger icon (the three vertical lines)> Backups. The next step would be about backing up the WhatsApp messages. By doing this the phone would recover the WhatsApp messages.
- The next step you will have to do is uninstalling the WhatsApp and then reinstalling it. When you will be done you can set it up, by doing this instantly there you can restore recent chats from a local backup.
- After taking the entire step you have to tap on the restore and that is it. There you will be able in getting your deleted chats back.
Restore deleted WhatsApp chats with cloud backup
This is also one another way of restoring WhatsApp chats if your messages have gotten deleted due to some reason. You can say your Google Drive or iCloud back up took place at midnight and your messages somehow got deleted.
But the best part of all is that the cloud has a record of everything. It will still have your money. Here are the steps which one can follow up –
- At first, uninstall WhatsApp from your Android Smartphone or iPhone.
- Then reinstall your WhatsApp, and then fill basic first details.
- When you are done with that, then instantly you will be asked for restoring messages from the cloud backup.
- By taking the above step you will be able to restore messages which you would have accidentally deleted.
- Note- but just in case if you receive any messages like this, your cloud does not have back up of your recent messages. It means you have lost your chats forever. And there is even no way of getting them back.